- Is your main residence and is permanently occupied solely by you and your family.
- Is maintained in a good state of repair.
- Is built of brick, stone, or concrete and roofed with slate, tile, concrete, metal or asphalt.
- Is not left unoccupied for more than 30days in a row.
- Is self-contained with itís own front door.
- Has not been damaged by flood and not in an area liable to flood.
- Has not been affected by subsidence or structural movement and is not in an area subject to subsidence.
- Is not used for business purposes other than paperwork, telephone calls, childminding and computer work.
- No online quotes for listed buildings or if your home has more than 5 bedrooms. Please call in these circumstances.
Items in the home
- Please note that regarding the cover of items in the home: Your valuables (these include jewellery, furs, items of gold, silver or other precious metals, works of art, sets of stamps, coins or medals) should not be worth more than 30% of your total contents sum insured.
- No one valuable item (as described above) should be worth more than £1,500.
You and any adult living with you have
- Never had home insurance refused, cancelled, or declared null and void.
- Never had special terms imposed to buildings or contents insurance.
- Never been convicted of any criminal offence (other than motoring convictions) or have any prosecutions pending.
- Not suffered more than two incidents of loss, damage or liability, whether insured or not during the last three years.
- Not suffered a burglary within the last 12 months.